The weather has kept me from getting out too much. I refuse to go out when the weather is below 10 degrees. When I toured Bedford, I didn’t get to spend as much time as usual, but then I remembered I visited Bedford two years ago. So, I thought I’d combine my image sets. The first place I stopped was The Educational Farm at Joppa Hill. As you know, I really am attracted to farms and this farm was a great find…

One of the other great finds was the Bedford Village End. This is one of the places I visited two years ago. It was a beautiful fall day and the inn is a great place to look at the foliage…

There are several beautiful churches in town as well. The Bedford Presbyterian Church sits atop a hill and was wonderfully back lit by the setting sun…

There is a lovely park on Rt 101. By the time I got to the park, it was dark and cold. I didn’t get any good pictures, but hope to get back in the spring!

Thank you for joining me on my tour of Bedford. To learn more about Bedford, visit the town’s website or the state’s website.

Tags: , , , , ,

7 Comments on “Bedford”

1. marthaschaefer January 14, 2014 at 1:29 pm #

Magnificent shot of the church! I have gone through Bedford a million times on my way to the airport but never stopped to poke around. Thanks for the suggestions, I will plan more time to see the farm.

• Touring NH January 14, 2014 at 4:12 pm #

The farm is great. They have lots of hiking trails and some interesting animals!

2. January 14, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

Very nice, classic New England photos Laura. These shots are what southerners think of when they long to escape the southern heat. Terri enjoyed meeting you yesterday, and I’m sorry to have missed out. Maybe next time. ~James

• Touring NH January 14, 2014 at 4:15 pm #

I’m glad to hear that you’ll be on the mend soon. I loved visiting with Terri yesterday. Hope you can get up here for some NH camping and sight seeing!

3. New Hampshire Garden Solutions January 15, 2014 at 12:06 am #

That shot of the church is amazing! Bedford is another one of those towns that I’ve always driven through trying to get somewhere else, so I know nothing about it. Next time I’m going to have to stop.

• Touring NH January 15, 2014 at 9:37 am #

It’s easy to use Bedford as a pass through but it is definitely worth the time to get off Rt 101 and get onto some of the backroads! I got lucky with the church shot. The sunset was amazing.

> Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 00:06:34 +0000 > To: >

4. mariekeates January 16, 2014 at 6:51 am #

The church shot is beautiful and the farm looks interesting, nothing like the farms here. I don’t blame you for staying inside if its -10 though.

I'd love to know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Oh, the Places We See . . .

Honey, grab the GPS.

art and practice

Travel Tales of Life

Traveler. Adventurer. Storyteller.

the world one step at a time

Stop, Look, and See..

Planet Bell

A Travel and Photo Blog by World Traveler Jeff Bell

souly rested

keeping it simple - homesteading and homeschooling in rural New England - being solely rested in Christ

Journey In Focus

with Laura Mahoney

Therapeutic Misadventures

Daily musings on life after 50 & recreating oneself

New Hampshire Garden Solutions

Exploring Nature in New Hampshire

Travel Photo Media

All about travel art photography

Everywhere Once

An adult's guide to long-term travel

Camera and brain dumps

Touring NH

with Laura Mahoney

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 561 other followers