Richmond

Richmond-6578

Most of the roads in Richmond looked like this. It was a scenic drive, but I didn’t really find much that appealed to the photographer in me. Off to one side of the road, I saw a large pile of logs ready either for the saw mill or to be cut for firewood. I doubt they’ll get moved until spring…

Richmond-6580

I’m not sure what this was, but it looked neat on the side of the road…

Richmond-6582

Given that Richmond is such a rural town and is filled with ponds, lakes and streams, I thought it only natural when I saw these young men out playing ice hockey…

Richmond-6575

To learn more about Richmond, visit the town’s website or the state’s website.

Tags: , , , , ,

11 Comments on “Richmond”

1. marthaschaefer February 3, 2014 at 12:50 pm #

Hey Laura, great shots. I love the light on the pile of logs. No barns this time??

• Touring NH February 3, 2014 at 2:15 pm #

Thanks Martha. There were some great barns but most of them were too far off the road and the trees were in the way.

2. New Hampshire Garden Solutions February 4, 2014 at 12:59 am #

I used to live in Richmond in a big white house right on the 4 corners. There are a couple of town forests there and one has a large great blue heron rookery in it, but it’s quite a hike. it’s a great town to live in, full of very friendly people.

• Touring NH February 4, 2014 at 10:04 am #

A:hover { COLOR: red } A { TEXT-DECORATION: none; COLOR: #0088cc } A.primaryactionlink:link { COLOR: #fff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #2585b2 } A.primaryactionlink:visited { COLOR: #fff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #2585b2 } A.primaryactionlink:hover { COLOR: #fff !important; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #11729e } A.primaryactionlink:active { COLOR: #fff !important; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #11729e }

Richmond was a wonderful town to visit. I saw the towns forests, but it was way to cold for me to go out and hike. I’d love to visit the rookery.

• New Hampshire Garden Solutions February 5, 2014 at 12:18 am #

The rookery is in the Harry J. Bennett town forest south of town on the way to Massachusetts.

• Touring NH February 5, 2014 at 9:59 am #

Thanks, I’ll have to check it out!

3. mariekeates February 4, 2014 at 2:37 pm #

Geat snow pictures.

• Touring NH February 4, 2014 at 3:35 pm #

I’d be happy to send the snow to you!!!

• mariekeates February 4, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

It would be better tan all this rain. Floods everywhere here.

4. gallivance.net February 9, 2014 at 2:22 pm #

I love the shot of the the two guys playing hockey Laura. Just enough snow cleared for a little 1 on 1. ~James

5. Gina February 17, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

Really great snaps. I love them a lot.

I'd love to know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

photographybykent

Stop, Look, and See..

Planet Bell

A Travel and Photo Blog by World Traveler Jeff Bell

souly rested

keeping it simple - living and homeschooling in rural New England - being solely rested in Christ

Journey In Focus

with Laura Mahoney

Therapeutic Misadventures

Daily musings on life after 50 & recreating oneself

New Hampshire Garden Solutions

Exploring Nature in New Hampshire

Travel Photo Media

All about travel art photography

Everywhere Once

An adult's guide to long-term travel

Subhayan's

Camera and brain dumps

retireediary

The Diary of a Retiree

Touring NH

with Laura Mahoney

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 429 other followers