Monroe

The beautiful town of Monroe is situated along the eastern shore of the Connecticut River.Ā  As with most of the towns along the river, Monroe abounds with farms and fields. I didn’t have to look very far to find some wonderful barns and farms…

Monroe-0768-2

Monroe-0761-2

Monroe-0793-2

Monroe-0795-2

Monroe-0800-2

Monroe-0783-2

Monroe-0779-2

Monroe-0808-2

Monroe-0811-2

Monroe-0807-2

As I was driving along, I spotted a heron at the edge of a pond. I turned around to get a better view. I could have skipped it…the heron was a decoy…

Monroe-0791-2

I followed Dam Road to the Comerford Dam. It is a lovely spot for a picnic…

Monroe-0763-2

Monroe-0764-2

Along the road to the dam, I saw a huge pile of what looked like railroad ties, but the ends had been painted. I’m not sure what the significance is…

Monroe-0767-2

I could have gotten bitten by gold fever since Monroe contains part of the Ammonoosuc Gold Fields, an extensive mineral deposit that has never been successfully mined. Copper mining was also big in the area at one time.

Trouble enjoyed the tour – I hope you did too!

Monroe-0816-2

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

13 Comments on “Monroe”

1. TheFirst365Days.com July 6, 2016 at 3:24 pm #

Love your pictures! I look forward to following along. xoxo http://www.thefirst365days.com

2. New Hampshire Garden Solutions July 6, 2016 at 9:56 pm #

I’m surprised I’ve never heard of this town, especially because of its mineral deposits.
    They sure do have some big barns there!
    I can see how the heron could fool you. It looks real.

• Touring NH July 6, 2016 at 9:58 pm #

It’s a pretty small town but quite pretty. Some of the farms seemed to go on forever. I used to have a heron decoy in my pond, but if you don’t move it every day or so the heron gets wise.

3. marthaschaefer July 7, 2016 at 2:17 am #

“Field Marshmallows” and Piggies! What a great post, Laura!

• Touring NH July 7, 2016 at 9:10 am #

Thank you Martha. The piggies were adorable!

4. oninmac July 7, 2016 at 12:36 pm #

I’m gonna include this one in my travel bucketlist šŸ‘šŸ¼ appreciated the pictures. I think you enjoyed really. Nice work šŸ™‚

• Touring NH July 7, 2016 at 12:37 pm #

Thank you. You’ll have a great time when you visit.

5. Sue Slaght July 7, 2016 at 5:27 pm #

Loved all of those red barns! So gorgeous. Great positioning with the pigs who have their faces framed by the dips in the log. Felt like I was back in my rural roots!

• Touring NH July 7, 2016 at 5:30 pm #

I had fun with the piggies! So many beautiful barns in Monroe.

• Sue Slaght July 7, 2016 at 6:11 pm #

Oh my goodness I can hardly believe how many!

6. Marie Keates July 17, 2016 at 12:12 pm #

Great photos. It was good to have a tour of your pRt if the world rather than mine.

I'd love to know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Random Bits of Trial and Error

THE JOYS OF FULL-TIME RV LIFE - Random, moody, and quirky--but always straight from the heart.

Camper Chronicles

Travel Tales from Somewhat Experienced Full Timers

The Wandering RVer

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Oh, the Places We See . . .

Honey, grab the GPS.

Travel Tales of Life

Travelers. Adventurers. Storytellers.

photographybykent

Stop, Look, and See..

Planet Bell

A Travel and Photo Blog by World Traveler Jeff Bell

Therapeutic Misadventures

Daily musings on life after 60 & recreating oneself

New Hampshire Garden Solutions

Exploring Nature in New Hampshire

Travel Photo Media

All about travel art food photography

GALLIVANCE